BECOME THE FIRST CHAMPIOn TTWC23
The first Thumb Tank Streamer World Championship is starting November 6th. Streamers will fight each other in a knock-out style tournament to determine the World Champion in Thumb Tanks. Every streamer may apply. Read on for more details.
HOW DOES THIS WORK?
Rather simple. The tournament will be played in a knock-out style. Every round takes place in a two week window, so players can find a time and date to play their matches.
The winner will continue to the next round. This will continue, until the grand finale! Since the finale may collide with the holiday season, extra time for the arrangement of the game will be given.
IS THERE A PRICE?
Kinda. The winner will get a one of kind championship-shirt featuring the winners name and the title of TTW23 winner. There may be some other prices for the runner ups, but this is TBD. Remember, this is not a AAA game, but some simple dudes little pipe dream. So don’t expect to much (besides some kick ass content and maybe a shirt) from participating. You are helping me out. So consider it you good deed of the day.
Do I NEED TO OWN THE GAME?
No, but you will get if for free anyway. If accepted, you will get a free steam key for the game aprox. one month before the tournament starts.
Who can apply – and how?
Fair question. Every streamer can apply, regardless of the number of streams, subscribers etc. You stream on any major platform? That’s great. Simply apply by sending an email to email@example.com with your name and link to your streaming profile.
WILL THERE BE A TRAINING CAMP?
If you like, sure. If participants like to learn the basics or some more advanced tactics, I’ll give one or two open training sessions in which I will play with / or against you. Just let me know, and we’ll set something up.
Number 1 seed: SharkBlaj (https://www.twitch.tv/sharkblaj, https://twitter.com/SharkBlaj)
More hopefully to be announced soon….
WHAT ARE THE RULES?
Let’s divide these in two categories. First in regards to the game:
- Each round is a best of three. All three matches are played in one session. Each match will have three rounds. This results in a net playtime of 45 minutes and an overall time of 60 minutes. The winner succeeds to the next round.
- For each round, each competitor has to use another tank. So every competitor will have to use three different tanks per round.
- The player higher in the seeding will chose their tanks characters first. The order will be determined via first come, first serve. So competitors applying first, will chose before those, who applied later.
That’s it, now regarding the times, streams etc.:
- Both opponents have to agree on scheduling their match in two week time frame. Suggestions will be provided by thumb cramp.
- The game will be played via steam remote play together, from thumb cramps PC as the host. The version to be played is the built provided to the competitors before the tournament.
- If any bugs are found, that would give a player an unfair advantage, thumb cramp may rule out certain characters, talents, buffs before each round.
- Both competitors will have to stream their match on their channels. Either together in a single stream or each on his/her own.
- thumb cramp may also stream the match (with commentary) and publish the recording on video platforms.